One Hen: How One Small Loan Made a Big Difference is the story of a West African boy, Kojo, who receives a small loan to buy a hen, and takes flight as an entrepreneur. He moves gradually from poverty, to well-being, to provider who creates opportunities for others. It’s a story of how the world undergoes change one person, one family, and one community at a time.
Want to learn how Kojo used one hen to change the world?
Since its publication in the spring of 2008, One Hen has won accolades for its special story and lovely illustrations.
2009 The Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC) finalists Norma Fleck Award for Canadian Children’s Non-Fiction:
- 2009 Children's Africana Best Book Award
- 2009 Massachusetts Book Award
- 2009 US Board of Books for Young People's "2009 Outstanding International Book List
- 2009 International Readers Association– Global Society Award
- 2008 Best Bets for Children and Teens–Ontario Librarians Association