One Hen does not have any full time positions available at this time.
The following internship opportunities are available:
One Hen, Inc. has been growing since its founding in 2009 and we are now creating impact in four ways Ė facilitated youth programs in low-income communities in the US and Africa, educator trainings, web-based and mobile-app-based resources. We are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader to join our team in the Boston headquarters to fill our current Executive Director position (ED).
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall operational responsibility for One Henís staff, program development, advancing One Henís mission and fundraising strategy approved by the board.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, and drive digital development and online educator and student community engagement
- Manage finance and administration and drive fundraising goals and objectives
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing and future initiatives.
- Lead, coach, and develop One Henís current staff of three, plus interns and contractors.
- Ensure effective tracking and program evaluation and communicate progress to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Support legacy funder relationships with founder and expand community of major funders working with staff and board fundraising committee to match grant proposal strategy to program operations and plans for expansion.
- Direct all aspects of communications to align with mission and strategyófrom web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a strong brand and identity.
- Represent the programs and key messages of the organization to agencies, other organizations, and the general public to underscore One Hen values and messages and garner new opportunities.
- Partner with founders to actively engage and energize One Henís event committee, partnering organizations, and funders.
Planning & New Business:
- Direct the strategic business plans of current programs and create new programming and funding partnerships to support it.
- Maintain and cultivate executive level network partnerships for One Hen Academy in NYC and Boston. Establish relationships with funders and community leaders to support programs and provide quantifiable evaluations and stakeholder reports.
- Build upon One Henís local and national presence to create an engaged community of social minded educators who are inspired to share and teach social entrepreneurship to their students.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to One Henís mission. The successful candidate will have a collaborative style and proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management; experience in global development and education; and a mindset that embraces technology and marketing. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA or M. Ed., or equivalent experience, with at least 5 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Significant fundraising experience with foundations and corporate partners including identifying, cultivating and securing grants.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams of staff and volunteers, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills. Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to make effective use of board and committees and collaborate with chair.
- Strong interest or experience in international and community development issues, digital media and empowering disadvantaged youth with life skills to succeed.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, humility, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Ability to work in a flexible work environment: One Hen employees currently work virtually and in donated office space in Back Bay.
Compensation: Competitive salary with health and vacation benefits.
Email email@example.com with resume, salary requirements and cover letter highlighting your vision to impact elementary and middle school youth through this position and how your experiences equip you to succeed in this role.
We also welcome nominations and requests for information to the same address.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For best consideration, apply by July 3, 2015
Targeted start date for this position is August 3, 2015.
One Hen is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Marketing & PR Intern
One Hen, Inc. is looking for a talented Marketing & PR intern to join the team this fall. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following categories:
General Marketing & PR Efforts:
- Creating and assisting with marketing, public relations and social media strategies
- Identifying ways in which the organization can tell its story to a broader audience
- Visiting One Hen program sites and interview staff and/or students
- Develop program stories into content that can be used for multiple outlets
- Writing blog posts
- Draft press releases and distribute them to area news outlets
- Research and compose regular posts for social media outlets relating to entrepreneurship, education, and edtech relevant to One Hen audiences.
- Develop a plan and calendar for fall social media campaigns
- Monitor and analyze social media and its impact on the organizationís brand and report out bi-weekly with recommendations for improvement
By Kids for Kids outreach Campaign:
- Develop and implement a strong communication and social media outreach effort to ensure that the by kids for kids website resource, a new section of onehen.org, is a destination in and of itself
- Jumpstart this youth-led platform with a plan for additional video content that highlights key inflection points in student business, in order to teach lessons about such things as: persistence; vision; marketing; etc. This may include:
- Supporting One Hen students with video production and editing
- Populating website with video or other content
This is an excellent chance to build your media experience and to contribute to an evolving social entrepreneurship organization!
Strong applicants will have a good understanding of how to carry out promotional campaigns via social media and clear writing skills. Need to be a motivated self-starter. Knowledge of video editing software -- iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus. Curiosity, creativity, strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently a must.
Skills that will help:
- Journalism/copy writing
- Graphic design
- Film and editing
- Gain unique insight to the inner workings of an internationally recognized non-profit.
- An excellent chance to build a professional portfolio and contribute to a growing entrepreneurial organization.
- Connect to an influential network of educational professionals and community partners.
To Apply please send resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org